Thursday, September 14, 2006

Drawn to the bathroom

Headbanging to the Extreme
Once a week, I will post a short story, for a quick gnarly pleasure. This event took place about 6 months ago, at about 2am. Working on movies is extremely demanding, and the hours are insane. I got to bed the night before at about 11pm, so in total, I received 3 hours of sleep. Compared to some nights, this is actually considered sleeping in. I wake up to the sound of my alarm, in which the sound to my ears is the equivalent of rubbing salt into your eyes while drinking a beer the following morning of a binge liquor fest. Anyways, I turn the alarm off, and hop out of bed extremely fast. This is where the problem starts. I hop up so fast that I start to get extremely light headed, and for some reason, at that exact moment my brain tells me if I make it to the bathroom before I pass out, everything will be okay. Fuck, was my brain ever wrong. As I quickly approached the bathroom in record time while my head increasingly faded into the depths of dizzy hell, I shot through the doorway, only to pass out at that exact moment. The last thing I remember is my face heading towards the ceramic sink. Who knows how long I was out, but I woke up with an extreme throbbing headache, as well as a darkish black and red bruise on the right side of my head. Best of all, it was smack dab on my temple. I had throbbing headaches for the next 2 weeks, and suffered a severe concussion. Moral of the story, if you ever start to get dizzy, make sure you run to the closest bathroom asap, and everything will be A-Okay. Gnarly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya know... picturing that as i read it... that is kinda gnarly...