Sunday, September 17, 2006

BMX...gone bad & gone for good.

I started boogie boarding...oops, out of respect for them, it's actually called BODY boarding. Wait, I don't have any respect for them, Boogie boarding it is! Anyways, I started when I was 3-4 years old, then moved up to surfing when I was 5. I started skateboarding at age 4, with a technique of pushing on my knees then standing up. At age 13, I was well into surfing and skateboarding, and I loved both with extreme passion. However, being the way I am, it just wasn't enough, so I decided to take up another sport. Eddie had a Mongoose BMX bike, and I decided it was the cheapest way to take up a new sport. I began to ride BMX, and convinced a few friends to start riding with me. We hit up local dirt tracks, but mostly did street riding. After a few months of riding, I was getting pretty good for a 13 year old but the fame was short lived. One sunny day I got a call from a friend who wanted to go riding, so I grabbed my bike from the backyard, and headed out. We rode for about an hour, then I decided I wanted to ride home really quick to get a sandwich, man do I love gnarly sandwiches. The more you stack into it, the better. So I head home to get a sandwich, eat it extremely fast, and head back out. As I'm heading down the street, I attempt a few tricks, bad idea. Right when I attempt one, my handle bars spin, and my front tire sticks, I flip over the handle bars and begin my decent toward the pavement, head first. I decide to break my fall with my arms, but instead I break my arm with my fall. As I'm putting my hands down, to break my fall, my left arm snaps, and my face is headed strait for the pavement. I guess my left arm didn't like my face, or liked it and wanted to give it some attention as well. You guessed it, my face went to prom with the rough gravely pavement, smashing my pretty face, taking much of my skin hostage as well as half of my front tooth. After my face was done beating the shit out of the pavement, I stumbled to my feet, disoriented and feeling pretty shitty. I stumbled home in the worst pain of my life at that point. I opened the door to my house and my mom stood there in shock, she almost fainted and I told her I needed a band-aid. After I calmed her down I got all bandaged up and went to find my missing half tooth. Gnarly.

No comments: